KWTPL offers a fast and effective above-ground, portable wastewater treatment system that does not require any infrastructure. Our containerized mobile treatment systems can accommodate from 60 persons to 20,000 persons and are ready for use on arrival. Furthermore, these plants are highly modular and can be easily transported or relocated onsite. As well as having no restrictions for various types of wastewater, our containerized sewage treatment systems are designed to meet international standards and we provide an international delivery service.
Containerized Sewage Treatment Applications
- Oil and gas mobile worker camps
- Temporary industrial sites
- Construction sites
- Temporary treatment
- Municipal wastewater treatment
- Refugee camps
- Military camps
- Offshore facilities
Capacities and Approvals for Containerized STP:
- Organic load: 800 PE per 20ft container
- Daily quantity: up to 10,000m3 daily wastewater
- Parallel capacity up to 30,000 PE
- Temperature range: -15 to 50 °C
- COD: 100-50,000 mg/l
- CSC approval
- Static approvals
- DWA/ATV and VDE/VDI guidelines met.
Wastewater Treatment in Containerized STPs: How does it work?
The entire treatment process, including primary settlement, secondary treatment, and clarification, takes place within a container for small-scale commercial wastewater treatment applications. In large wastewater treatment applications, the treatment modules will depend on the influent and effluent characteristics and requirements. These packaged plants are ideal for temporary and mobile sewage treatment.
- Primary treatment: We install compact units for grease separation and sand removal, which are mechanically pre-treated using sieving screws built into or on top of the container. This is called primary treatment. In smaller systems, primary treatment can be built into the system by settling in a pre-treatment tank. Primary sludge goes for sludge treatment. Waste constituents are collected in holding tanks for separate disposal.
- Biological treatment: A biological treatment process involves the conversion of dissolved contaminants into sludge and gases in the wastewater by microorganisms. In addition to SBR systems, fixed bed cascades can also be used. The biological treatment process and all necessary controls are fully integrated into the container, depending on the wastewater type and concentration.
- Clarification: Prior to discharge, the effluent is clarified using lamella separators built into containers with a high flow capacity.
- Tertiary treatment: Often, tertiary treatment occurs when discharge limits are strict and modules such as chemical dosing, phosphorus reduction, and disinfection need to be integrated into the treatment process. There are multiple options for tertiary treatment, including chlorination, ozonation, and UV radiation.
Containerized and Temporary Wastewater Treatment Advantages
- Underload and overload conditions are both acceptable for all our mobile sewage treatment systems.
- Simple maintenance by unskilled personnel and fully automatic operation
- Modular systems allow rapid expansion and the addition of further treatment processes.
- Pre-installed treatment modules require only a power connection for fast installation.
- Standard spare parts are available locally for easy maintenance.
- Each step of the treatment process is optimized in container plants.
- Decommissioning and shutting down quickly for a quick installation on a new site.
- Energy-saving mode with low energy costs
- Scheduling and construction costs are low.